1. Dogs can not be killed by a couple of Tylenol, asprin or a minor bit of chocolate.
2. Pitts like Bella have cast iron stomachs. This we know because of all the things found in the tox report. Mainly crayola crayons, and a lot of them.
2. Toxicoloy testing for dogs is very expensive.
3. It was probably a hotdog that the neighbor put through the fence, perhapse with a laxative in it.
4. Most people don't want to kill the dog just punish the dog owner.
5. Bella is well liked by almost everyone she meets.
6. The highest setting on the dog collar actually does work after you shave her neck for good contact. Bark! whelp! whelp! Whimper.
7. You don't actually want to touch a static collar on the two contact cables at the same time; on any setting.

I elected not to send the samples off the TAMU becasue of the cost. While Bella has lost a pound or two (and a bit dehydrated) she is in, otherwise, very good health. During this process I discovered she has eaten the following things (and been alright.) Yes, I had to look through her poop (with plastic gloves.)
- Crayons
- Baby socks
- Money (pennies)
- Dice
- Rocks
- Legos
- various bits of plastic from toys and garbage
I now wonder if, infact, the neighbor DID attempt a cruel act. It is still suspect but I'm on to them now and they know it. I have watched them in the backyard and then banged on the window, waving wildly saying, "I see you!!! I know what you are doing!!!" Hopefully the intended message is getting through.
Sometime in the last 4 days they have gotten a Lab puppy. If they though this would help or make us mad I'm not sure. Whether we were even considered in this is also up for debate but now there is another dog in the mix.
I'm sorry to say this but she is very cute.
What have I learned? That my neighbors are weird and that I do not under any circumstances trust them and that I will probably continue to think these thoughts until the day they move. As far as I know they will have to go before we do.
Hopefully this is the end of this drama.
3 comments:
I am so glad Bella is doing better.
Jack really enjoyed watching Garrison play ball Saturday.
Glad to hear Bella Bella Dancerella is doing fine. Maybe they (the neighbors) will understand the barking now with a new puppy. It's for sure they won't be sleeping for a while. Puppies cry and whine more than babies!!!!!
I love the picture of the covered knot holes! For some reason, I was just NOT picturing duct tape...hilarious!
Post a Comment