I love this day for all the usual reasons but form some not so typical reasons also. It was 10 years tonight that I made a wise decision and said yes. After only 6 weeks and what was suppposed to be our actual first date Sean proposed and I eagerly said yes. And for 10 years we ate Valentine dinner at the same resturant, Lombardi Trattaoria, where we ate the night he proposed. One of the few romantic things we do. But alas, it closed last year and we must make a new tradition. I have no idea what that will be but this year is just like any other day.
I also love valentines because of all the frazzled men in the supermarket attempting to please their better half but choosing just the right flowers and maybe bottle of somthing, be it wine or perfume. It's really cute to see all the people running around trying to buy something "special" from the grocery store. this always makes me laugh. And everyone seemd to be in a good mood and smiling.
I love valentines day for the hand drawn cards from my babies. Somehow some raggedy paper glued onto another raggedy piece and colored with crayons becomes the most precious treasure when made and given by a 3 year old. These are things that I'll never throw away.
Happy valentines day to you!
3 comments:
Happy Valentine's Day (a day late) and Happy Engagement Day too!
Hey Stephanie,
Just wanted to let you know that I loved reading your last post about Garrison. How lucky Garrison is to be loved by you! I am glad you are keeping up the blog. I miss you and how you always leave me with a smile.
Now you know why my house looked like it did when you were helping me move out!!!!! Just too much I couldn't throuw out. Things given to me and made by my three babies!!!!! Love you and thank God every day for you in my life. I don't know what I would do without you.
Post a Comment