Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thoughtful and thankful

God is amazing.

Tonight, I read a story of God placing a baby in the arms of two terrific people across thousands of miles. Two people, friends, who longed to have a child and were a perfect match for a baby born 8 months ago in China. Without God this would never have been possible. Who but God would have known how this would turn out.

I learned of my good friends mother, who just a week ago the doctors were not sure she would leave ICU or get over her pneumonia and today she is sitting up, talking to her family and in a private room. They are getting another chance because of the power of prayer. Don't tell me miracles don't exist today.

Every day I look at my children and how their little bodies are growing so fast and how they are changing everyday and I'm thankful for their health but thoughtful of the quick passage of time. I wish I could stop time for a while just to have one more day of play dough and finger paints.

I think of my friends and that one of them os moving very soon. I hurt inside because I feel like a hole in my heart is getting bigger every day but I'm also excited for her family and for what's in front of them, just over the horizon.

I am thinking about marriage and how downright hard it is at times but how richly rewarding it is and that God's plan for one man and one woman is so beautiful and such a mirror image of His unimaginable love for each of us.

I think of a restored friendship with an old and dear friend and the possibilities of the fun we will have tomorrow and the next day and the next day....

God is so good and so faithful. He leads us (sometimes kicking an screaming) right where we need to be to be to do His work. I pray that God leads me the do His will and not ask questions and not complain just know he has a plan and that it is a zillion times more beautiful and wonderful than I could ever imagine.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Thank you for such sweet words. Life is a series of miracles...God is truly good. Unfortunately he did not promise that it would always be easy but the sacrifices we make are small compared to the one he had to make with his son. You know I will always love and be there for you and your family even if I am 3 hours away instead of 3 minutes. I believe in my heart our friendship will continue to grow and take many paths throughout our lives. I love you sister!

Alyssa said...

I loved your post, Steph.... it is so wonderful to look around and see all the ways God continually blesses us :) I know that you are a blessing to so many people too!

Amber Smith said...

What a great reminder! I find myself questioning God's plan lots of times. I appreciate your words. You are an encouragement to me!