Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Meeting myself coming and going

Okay. While it was a good effort to have a huge family get together it's been nixed for a variety of reasons. Now instead on one big dressy really fancy dinner I'm having 2 casual game nights where everyone brings food and we open our respective family gifts. Yes, two instead of one. I know. I know.

Today was the Ladies Class luncheon for about 85 people and I have to say thank you to My mom, Traci and Leslie who really helped me out of a big bind. See I was asked to coordinate and give the list of others who had signed up to help for the luncheon. I tried, in vain, to contact all of them and only a couple returned my calls and were able to really help. At the very last minute Leslie and I traded favors, she helped me and I gave her a Princess Leia action figure (Christmas present)and all was right with the world. Traci, because she understands me and likes me anyway took pity on me and dove right in to help. Leslie offered to help before the trade offer but that just sweetened the pot for her (and Brady). THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I didn't even have a stressful moment after they agreed to help me out. My mom is such a trooper and is always there for me. It was a success and we all ate way too much and enjoyed great company.

What else, I have had my Christmas shopping done for several weeks but I've run out of wrapping time. We spent the night at Plaza of the Americas, Westin Hotel the past Saturday. I really needed a small break. Sean and the kids have all been sick. Kamy had, "a really bad bronchitis/slight pneumonia" to quote the ER doctor. She was really sick. Her asthma kicked back in high gear and her fever was up over 103. She is still on antibiotics, steroids and breathing treatments every 4 hours. She is getting better finally.

She and Garrison were able to perform in their school Christmas pagent. Kamy was a reaindeer and stood on stage calling, "Mommy" for the better part of the song "Run Rudolph, Run". Garrison sang carrols while the older kids acted out the navitity. Can you believe they actually told the story? I think the can get away with it because it's a private school/day care. That was my guess. It was really funny and we all had a great time. Then Sean and I went to the Westin for his company party.

This week is chaotic, Monday I Read the Polar Express at Garre's school to several grades, then set up for the luncheon with another lady Nancy. Then worked last night. Today you know what happened. I did indulge in a pedicure. My feet really hurt. Now I'm supposed to be working. I'll go get the kids at 6:00 pm tonight. Tomorrow and Thursday I'm in Ft. Worth working. I'm going to the Kimble Art museum tomorrow night. I LOVE ancient Roman and Egyptian antiquity and there is a special showing on Egypt. Then I'll get the kids Thursday night, Make cookies, wrap Teacher gifts, do the dishes that were not gone while I was away and go to sleep about 1:00 am. Then Friday I take Mom to the airport at 10:00 am and then fly back to Garre's school for the Christmas party and gift exchange at 1:00pm. I might sleep Saturday. I know I'll be cleaning and wrapping the rest of the family gifts. Next week I've cleared for these family parties and max cleaning.

Does anyone know a cleaning crew? I'm looking to hire one going forward. Sean and the kids seem blissfully unaware of the growing mess all around them and that is a blessing because if I lived with a man who insisted on a clean house then I'd be in divorce court right now.

I'm counting the days until the week after Christmas so I can sleep.

1 comment:

Erica said...

It was good to talk to you today eventhough it was brief. I am sure the luncheon was super. Wish I could have been there. Miss you!