Monday, January 07, 2008

So much to update!!! January 2008 WOW!!!!!

I have so much to update. If I'm doing this for posterity I really have to get better about blogging. I certainly don't have time to scrapbook so this has to get more consist ant. YIKES I have SO much on my plate right now I'm running in a million different directions-

... but more on that later as things develop a bit.... Cryptic

Christmas was wonderful and VERY VERY busy. So busy in fact that I didn't even mail a single Christmas card. If people got one it was only because they happened to be at our house over the holidays. I think when thing slow down I will mail a few out to those who love me in spite of my short-comings.

I'm going backwards chronologically because I'll remember better that way.

Today January 7th - School Started back today I'm ready for that!!! After getting up at 6:00 am dressing, showering, eating b-fast and all the normal morning anxieties I drove G-man to school. (Side bar - He's growing his hair out so he can look like Troy Bolton!!! He looks really cute.) OOPS!!!! School STARTS TOMORROW!!!!!! Luckily I'm medicated so I was able to laugh it off.
Still in pain from the bike incident...
On a sentimental note today.
This is the last semester I will be able to spend girl time with Kamdyn during the day. We are so close and I'm trying to savor every moment because she starts kindergarten in the fall. I know that sounds like a long way off but I goes by so fast. She is such a little lady when she wants to be and super sassy the next minute. I'm sure she thinks we napped her from her castle when she was a baby and she is forced to live here. She is a wonderful little girl in all seriousness and I so blessed to have both of my beautiful children. Just writing this makes me tear up. Garrison is such a little man and he's already doing the textbook "pulling away" to form his own identity and opinions. He's still really impressionable but it's different somehow. He tells me I'm wrong a lot which makes me and Dad insane but I know it's only because he's growing intellectually as well as emotionally and physically. He's taken on a different look as well. He's lost that baby/child look and he is looking more like what he will look like in later life. His eyes are super blue still and he's got a mischievous twinkle in his eye and a dimple like mine on his left cheek that will serve him in later years, I fear, to attract the girls. He is VERY tall and broad shouldered but slim at the same time. He's built like a Basketball Center which I'm praying will take care of all of us someday. He has several "girlfriends" but his heart still pines for Lexi B. We saw her at church yesterday and he swooned for nearly and hour after seeing her. It's really cute. We are still dealing with his anxiety issues and the ADHD but things are much, much better. Given the family history on both sides (clinical depression, mental breakdown, addiction, OCD ADD ect) it's a wonder he is able to deal with things as well as he does. The doc says he's "hardwired" to be nervous, which he is all the time.

My cub scout/ Dad is the den leader



Garre and his best buddy Wylie.....

Sunday January 6th - AM Church very sore from fall yesterday- No church pm/ Got ADD Meds for me after 2 weeks without. Chaos over

Saturday, January 5th - Lazy for most of the day until attempting to teach neighborhood girl to ride her bike without training wheels. Gracie was about to fall into th street and I was running behind her to keep her steady. She was going down so to keep her from the street I shoved her to the grass as she was falling. Somehow, and this is still a mystery, I go tangles up in the back wheel. My feet couldn't keep up with the momentum and I fell sprawling onto of the bike and Gracie, nearly knocking the wind out of myself. Both knees totally busted, upper right under-arm "tattooed" with the wheel bolt and spokes, chin busted and both shoulders severely hyper extended. As I lay there assessing the damage Sean, from the driveway just a second after the fall, says tome, "I though you were going shopping?" I had been getting ready to go to Kohls with Kamdyn when Gracie appeared needing help. No other parent was present and I couldn't turn her away. I'm sure I'll hurt fo a month. I'm too old for this. and it wasn't eve my kid!!!!

December 31 2007 - Had an impromptu New Years party for a few friends. We played games and had a great time. It was the last time we were together before the Ownby's moved to England.

Week of December 25 - The Smiths Moved to England on the 28th. I'm so excited (and nervous) for them. What an amazing opportunity. The Ownby's leave in a week for about a year. the Smiths will only be there (as planned at this time) for about 9 months. I'm really going to miss seeing them. I've told Sean we re going in May for out 10th anniversary.

- We celebrated at a bunch of different locations: My sisters house, Sean's folks, and our house. After my mom moved out of the house we started a new Christmas eve tradition. She spend Christmas eve and morning at our house and it's really a lot of fun for everyone. This year we were doubly blessed because for the first time my grandmother was able to spend the night also. I will always remember that we had 4 generations in my house for Christmas eve 2007. I bought a lot of Christmas on EBAY. I do not recommend this. Garrison's BIG gift didn't even come until 4:30 on Christmas Eve and I was sweating it the entire way. He requested a Millennium Falcon Lego ship but at $400 that was impossible. I over spent as it is without getting really stupid. I was able to secure a Republic Cruiser Lego but that was the one gift that gave me the most grief!!! Kamdyn's request were a bit simpler; she only wanted a castle (Cinderella's version) and a new doll called the Real Loving Baby. Mission accomplished on all counts but one. Garrison also wanted Target Gift Cards for a Nintendo DS Lite Game system. As of today I still have yet to find one in stock. I am on several waiting lists and we are just trying to be patient.






3 comments:

Traci said...

WOW! So much info I didn't know and I live just down the street! Hope you are not too sore!

Love the pictures and your blog looks great!

Amber Smith said...

I'm worn out from reading that post. I can't believe that Garrison and Kamdyn are getting so big! Kindergarten?!? I can't believe it is just around the corner for your little girl.

Sorry to hear about your run in with the bicycle. Your life is so full of fun and adventure.

It was so good to see you at PC last week. You look great! Love you!

Amber :)

Erica said...

I enjoyed catching up and seeing the pictures of Garrison and Kamdyn since I have not gotten your Christmas card yet:) It was good to talk to you briefly the other day. Call me again when you have a free moment. Hug the kids for me! Love ya!