Saturday, October 07, 2006

Halloween and more pix


These are Halloween pix for this year. Yes, Kamy in totally airborn in the slide picture.

I have to say, blogging has become a source of anxiety for me. I LOVE to reach out to people, I love to read others blogs but I swear I can not find the time in the day to write a blog. SO as a result, no one may ever see this.

Today Garrison broke his nose, we think. There;s really nothing to be done about it so we didn't bother with x-rays and a tramatizing ER trip for an already VERY upset little boy. I got a call about 9:45 this morning from the school nurse. That's always a great source of fear when you see the school number pop up on caller ID. It can never mean good news. That has been my experience thus far anyway. Ms. Annie informed me that Garrison had been involved in an accident in gym class; a collision, of sorts, with another student and that he was okay but very upset and bleeding quite a lot from the nose. He also had a decent sized goose egg (I'd later learn cause by his face hitting the floor too hard, post collision.) Of course I asked if she thought it was broken and she said that she was just trying to stop the bleeding and could not really tell.

If you don't already know this a face/head wound bleeds quite a lot as a general rule. I dropped everything I was doing and rushed to the school. Thank God for anti-anxiety pills because I was remarkably calm through-out the entire event. I HAD to be for him because he was not calm. As soon as he heard my voice he fell apart.

This is Garrison's second trip to the clinic this year and his second trip home. The first "incident" occured during a stomach virus and won't go into anymore detail. Someday he'll read this and I don't want him to be mortified.

I watched him at home for several hours and kept him awake, all the while looking for signs of a concussion. He seemed content to lay on the couch with an ice pack on his face. There is minor swelling even tonight (nothing compared to when I got to school. I confess I wanted to take a picture for posterity but felt it might be cruel.) He will have two very excellent shiners and he is already the talk of the kindergarten. Apparently there was quite a lot of blood on the gym floor so he's the "tough kid". Oh did I mention the child whit who he collided is a girl who only comes up to his shoulder? She head butted him while running with her partner. I'm still not totally sure how that happened. Never the less it was so different excitement in an otherwise normal week.

These are some of Garrison's drawing of Star Wars and his first elementary school picture. That is going in the scrapbook! Sorry these are sideways. I have a new MAC and I'm back to square one on the programs. I'll fix it later

Darth Vader and Princess Leia

Hoth the Ice planet and Luke "taking out" an At-At. His words.

Jedi Heros.

School Pic

At the Fall Fest at PC
Make it a good one friends!

No comments: