There were a few minor setbacks tonight. She is a bit nauseated and her blood pressure is back up to 200/100. Apparently her main doctor did not want to release her from ICU but the kidney doctor felt it would be okay since this is a "stepped-down" version of the critical care unit.
It took us 45 minutes to get her blood pressure checked tonight which is quite a change from the 15 minute checks she received around the clock. I couldn't help but be a bit frustrated but then again they have three times the number of patients per nurse so it takes a while to get things moving.
Mom was sleeping when we left. They had given her a shot to keep moving the PB to a normal range. Her room-mate has pneumonia and is coughing constantly (poor thing!) Mom is so sleep deprived I'm hoping she can actually sleep since they only check every 4 hours in this unit. No dialysis tomorrow or Sunday. She will start again Monday...
On the home front, I'm knee deep in dirty laundry! Sean has been washing dishes but the laundry!!!!! My goodness at the laundry. Some clean/not folded; some dirty/not washed! I may never recover so if you come over just be forewarned that it is a scary mess. It would take a team three days to get this place back in shape. I guess this is not really important. My children are fed, my husband is fed and they have all slept and are in pretty good health despite the rampant health code violations in this house! That is important.
No comments:
Post a Comment