Friday, February 24, 2006

Good News At Last!!!

Good morning/afternoon!! We've got great news. They've moved mom to a regular room and she isn't hooked up to ANY machines at all!!! They took her off the Blood Pressure drip last night and no IVs either! Mom is in a semi-private room of the main building: Room #922A. Visiting hours are open until 8:00 PM. Several have wanted to send flowers and cards....she can get those now. Unfortunately, with dialysis she has to be careful about the fruit she eats so please refrain from sending that temptation. I think she almost passed out yesterday when they told her "NO WATERMELON". Her favorite thing...too much potassium!

They want her walking around today. She's still VERY weak and shaky but the doctor's say her strength will come back soon. She will have another treatment this afternoon, around 3 1/2 hours of dialysis. (She has already started her 3rd treatment as of this blog) We are hoping she will be home from the hospital by Monday or Tuesday. We know are waiting on her strength to increase and permanent dialysis schedule to be set. Once those things are in place she'll be headed to the Polk B&B for a lot of R&R.

On that note, I truly believe we have found angels on this earth. I've always believed they existed just never really knew I could see them....Ken & Mary Kay, Kathy and Charlie (don't feel slighted if your name wasn't mentioned there are just so many and we know who you are and God knows who you are!!!) are just a few of the angels God sent to my mother. We've all be blessed by so many friends and family. We've never felt so much love and been so acutely aware of God's presence in our lives. I know 38+ years ago when my mother moved to Texas, God placed her at Prestoncrest knowing the friends she would meet and the support she would have in those relationships. In that respect, we feel this week has brought a positive perspective out of such hardship. Thank you all for your constant prayers and love.

To my brother and sister Melissa and Marcus, you are so strong and amazing. I'm in awe of both of you and how you balance work, family, law school and this crazy, difficult situation. I love you beyond words.

Thank you to Mrs. Traci at Sunshine School as well for extending an extra measure of grace to Garrison. He's really been out of sorts and trying to understand where his Nan is right now. Peyton and Kamy have sort of rolled with the punches a bit better than he has. We tried to hide it as much as possible but he is very perceptive and asked too many questions so I was very honest with him. We also sunk him into the ICU for a couple of minutes and he saw all the cords and plugs but it was the only smile we got out of mom for a week.

Also I have to say a special thank you to my wonderful husband who despite the piles of laundry and the stacks of dishes has kept a smile and a shoulder available for me no matter what. He is my rock and I want everyone out there to know what an amazing man he is. I adore you, Sean! I'd be lost without you.

To my precious friends who have been keeping my kids and bringing my family dinner (especially when I had a migraine and 1/2 last night) and just loving us even from a far, I LOVE YOU and I'm proud to call you my friend and if the time comes and I can return the favor I all over it, day or night!

We love you more than words can say!!!!

No comments: