Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Latest news 02-21-06 PM

Let me start of by saying that I am completely sleep deprived and scared for mom so I might ramble more than usual.

I spent 40 minutes on the phone yesterday with the kidney doctor, Dr. Ashgar. He feels strongly that it is time for dialysis. Mom will go on the national donor list and she is scheduled to get a permanent "port" in her shoulder around noon today.
It is through this port that she will receive dialysis three times a week for the rest of her life or until she receives a new kidney.

She is frightened and in shock at this turn of events. We knew that some time in the future this was going to happen but this soon was definitely a surprise.

Melissa and I are going to be at the hospital with her and Kathy J will be there until they take her back for the procedure. I'm taking the kids to my sister-in- Law's for the day and I'll have me cell phone if anyone needs me.

I'll update more later.

No comments: