It has been a whole week because I've been running around crazy with the kids starting school, working again (albeit part time) sick husband and an emergency room trip just for good measure.
Also, I am not a great typist and I can not get the spell check to work so bear with me....
Let me begin by saying I have also been obsessivly watching the television for any information on the victims of the hurricane. Yesterday I packed up my minivan and drove to our church drop site. I spent the better part of three hours sorting and oranizing with some terrific people who like everyone, just want to do something. If you are reading this and have not given in some way, you really need to because it's the right thing to do.
Monday was great everyone started school and the kids met their new teachers. It was a great day overall, for mom and the kids. Daddy, AKA Sean, was sick as a dog. He did not work and basically laid in the bed all day. I was the sub for another teacher and got to meet her class. On of the litte boys in the class was obsessed with my, how do you say this, chest. He is only two, mind you, but it was still really strange. His little eyes were like a magnet when I had my jacket off and so I had to wear my jacket all day! In the 98 temperature! He wanted me to hold him so he could lay his hear down on me and he kept on trying to grab me. It was a very wierd thing. I even commented on it to the directors of the school and showed them what was happening. It became a really funny joke by the end of the day!
Tuesday was at home doing what I love best... HOUSE WORK. I am not a stellar house keeper. I have friends who actually like to clean. I however did not get that lucky; I lothe it.
I am more the whimsical artsy type who has other things on my mind than housework.
Sean went to the doctor and got his meds so he will be returning to work on Wednesday. Before he gets fired for missing too much work....
Wednesday, was spent in front of the TV with the kids watching this nightmare unfold in LA and MS. Garre and Kamy pretended the couch was a boat and the stashed stuffed animals all over the room and set about the task of rescuing the various and sundry Care Bears and Boohbah's scattered all over the room. Kamy just "ditto's" everything her big brother does so that went on for a good long time.
Thursday was school again and I really enjoy seeing all the kids and just being out of the house. Kamdyn played so hard at recess that she looked like she had not had a bath in over a month! She really enjoyed herself. She smelled like a sweaty puppy and had wood chips in every nook and crany on her body. Snot was smeared from ear to ear, in her hair and in her eyebrows! Her little cheeks were as red as a beet and she kept saying , " I want to go back out and play!!!" Garrison had a great (uneventful) day and loves his teacher
Thursday night I had my first Fall fest meeting at the community pool and we got down to business making plans. I only had 3 other people show up but I refuse to get discouraged!
I have big plans and, by golly, these people are going to help me!
Friday I spent gathering supplies for the Hurricane relief and at my moms house. About 4:00 when we were getting ready to leave and go home, Garre and Kamy were playing with the folding doors in my moms entry hall. I had told them to stop about 6 times when I heard a loud thump and crash. I came running around the corner and there lay Kamdyn on the floor UNDER THE DOOR! She was hit across the back, on her right elbow and on the back of her head. Garrison is hollering, "It was an accident! I'm really sorry, Kamdyn!" Kamy was crying. I scooped her up and she was holding her arm. She also had a nasty bump on the back of her head. She got really sleepy and was hard to wake up so off the the emergency room we went.
Four and a half hours, a CAT Scan and vision exam later we were at home. She is fine. Just a really nasty bump and badly bruised elbow.
Today we took Garre and Kamy to "Joy-Joy's" and "Bampaw's" Sean and came home to get somethings done before next week. I have committed to a Ladies Retreat in the Spring, Christmas at my house, Teaching October through December for a mom going on maternity leave, carpooling with Ashlyn's mommy (which Garrison is very happy!) and attempting to plan a garage sale in September, girls night out in October and oncve a moth trip to frisco the scrpbook with my best girlfriend!
More craziness to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment