Sean and I met his parent half way on Saturday and gave Aunt G and "G-Joy" (as she has been renamed for the fourth time) the kids. On Saturday afternoon Sean and I got stuff done around the house and had a very uneventful day, sans Garre and Kamy.
Sunday, was early services at church and a supprise lunch at Olive Garden with just my husband and I! Wow! I'd almost forgotten what it was like to sit and look at just him. Then he let me, I'm embarrased to admit it, sleep all afternoon. I slept 4 hours! We went back to evening services and then dinner with so friends. We had a really enjoyable dinner laughing and talking.
Monday, Mom and I went shopping for a bit. The sales were just too good! I did buy a bombe front chest of drawers that is handpainted. It wound up being too big for a bedside table but I'm keeping it because I LOVE it!
The kids came home with Aunt G. about 3:00 and we had a great evening. See very normal stuff.
Than tuesday hit! With as much fury as a tornado, my kids began to disassemble the house. Bible study is at our house for the month of September and it's like everything I picked up they got out three more things. For example, while I was mopping, Garrison managed to find three highlighter pens and he and Kamdyn proceeded to COMPLETLY color the ottoman, than is made of velvet. Garrison came and got me saying, "Come see what Kamdyn had done!" She got in trouble (aka spanked and time-out) while he sat and watched, quietly. When I looked at him I noticed his hands and arms were also covered in pen and asked him to fess up. He was completly fine with letting his baby sister take the rap for the mess. He also got in big trouble. I totally lost my cool and sent them to their room while I cleaned up the mess. If you do not have a Little Green Machine, run, run, run as fast as you can to get one.
Wednesday was again uneventful, mercifully but today was different. I started carpooling with a friend to school and that was a lot of fun. Both kids had a decent time at school and tonight we bought Kamy her very own potty chair.
You would have thought Santa had come for a visit! I tried to convince her that this little potty stayed in the bathroom too but she wouldn't have any of that. Instead, she proceeded to strip, buck naked, and sit in front of the TV on her potty, announcing every few minutes. " Mommy, I potty in potty!" I managed to dress her, with much kicking and screaming (Kamy not me) only to find that she had torn off her pull-up lost her dress and was again buck naked on the potty in the den. She did actually use it one time and we followed the necessary cleaning protocal (Scalding water and Lysol.)
She actually wanted it in her room at bed time but I had to draw the line at that one. I am actually considering taking it to pre-school for her class room. Miss Holly if you are reading this we can talk about it next week! Ha Ha! Won't that be funny in your room?
I'll do all the cleaning of the "Kiddo-port-o-potty".
Later all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment