Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Playing Catch-up

Things have been so crazy for the last week and a half it has been hard to find the time to add any new thoughts. Sean has been pulling major hours at his company and I've been doing double duty with the kids.

I have a whole new respect for single mothers and families where dads travel a lot.

My house has fallen into total disaray; not that it's ever very far from there on a normal basis. I've been working on the Fall Fest which is actually taking shape nicely due in part to canvasing the neighborhood and begging for assistance but also because a positive attitude truly is infectious. Everyone on the team has gotten as excited about it as I am and things are starting to happen! God at work through prayer!

The kids are doing okay. We are going through a tough time with Garrison. He's really acting out since Sean has been working so much. His school teacher is one of my dearest friends so we have terrific communication about his habits and attitude at school. He loves it once he's there I just have trouble motivating him. He's NOT a morning person. He also has a nasty habit of ignoring me and it MAKES ME CRAZY!!! Apparently, it's fairly normaly behavior out of a four year old, I'm trying to find the humor in it.

Kamdyn, on the other hand, is like a sunny light at 6:00 a.m. I can hear her on the monitor just happy to be awake. I wish she'd sleep a little longer but it helps get the morning going with much joy whet she is in a good mood. She pesters Garre until he is also in a good mood.

On the way to Mothers Day Out, she threw-up three times before we even got to the highway! I made the mistake of letting her have dairy before the drive. Kamdyn gets car sick and I know better but we were running late and it was a quick easy b-fast. SO, I have once again learned that lesson. Hopefullt for the last time!

Garrison is screaming, "THERE'S SOMETHING COMING OUT OF HER MOUTH!!! GROSS!!! THERE SHE GOES AGAIN!!!" Poor Kamy just sits there trying to figure out what is happening to her and I'm attempting to remain calm as I drive at break-neck speed back to the house to, no kidding, hose her off, the car seat, the seat belt, the floorboard and her shoes and socks. She had to have a full shower and hair wash before we could gat back on the road. Once there, and hour and 1/2 late, we all discovered that she was actually sick with a virus because she started throwing up again at lunch. Now she is running fever, and all the other gross things that go along with a stomach virus. Tomorrow is a day off from school and work. Laundry and lots of patience are on the agenda.

What else, I'm exhausted and ready to fall into bed everynight but other than that things are good. Nip/Tuck's new season begins tonight and I'm ashamed to admit it but I totally hooked on that show. It always makes me feel better about who I am and where my family is in life. Those characters are so messed up!

Have a good one!

No comments: