Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's been almost a month

It's hard to write about such a lengthy amount of time but "sufice to say", it's been intensly busy!

Let me sum up what I've been doing and the lesson's I've learned.
  • Mom moved into her new place.
  • We had an estate sale.
  • We enrolled Garrison in school.
  • We enrolled Kamy in a new school near the house.
  • Garrison had a birthday.
  • Darth Vader came to school for Garrisons birthday
  • Doctors appointments
  • Pre-school teaching
  • Pre-school let out (very bitter sweet, for me! I'm really going to miss everyone.)
  • We began to packup the remaining belongings in the house (ongoing)
  • Garrison had a Star Wars birthday party.
  • Arranging for summer swim lessons
  • Daily packing up mom's house
  • Lot's of tears for taimes gone by
  • Missed my friends because I feel like we've all been sucked into a black hole for the last 11 weeks
  • Learned that there are just some things in life that I can not worry about.
  • I have had to learn to trust more.
  • Learned to appreciate my mom a lot more
  • Learned that every moment in life is good when you are with family
  • Learned what it means to give more of myself than I ever thought I could
  • Learned to ask for help
  • Learned to lean on friends and reach out
  • Learned whe "Let go and let God" truly means

There is fear in the unknown if your destination is uncertain. I've learned to have more confidence in the love and compassion of Christ and my brothers and sisters in Christ.

There will always be people, things and circumstances that I do not understand. But I have to accept that they are also on a walk toward heaven. Who am I to ask or say what should or should not happen? I am still growing in my relationship to everyone. I hope it never stops.

Enjoy the pictures.

















Birthday and program pictures!


These are some pictures it took me a year to get developed. We did not get to take 2006 pictures. The bluebonnets were not abundant this spring. It was amazing in 2005 though

















1 comment:

Amber Smith said...

Some of those lessons are hard ones to learn, aren't they? Thanks for the reminder. I really miss seeing your smiling face and hearing your stories and laughter. You are great!