Monday, January 02, 2006

Resolutions

2005 was a hard year, just as 2004 was. Our family weathered lives storms pretty well but we need to take stock and re-evaluate for 2006

I have never made New Years Resolutions before. However this year I am making some pretty big ones.

1. I have already become a member of ediets.com. I am now on the Mediterranean Diet. It's basically all the food I want to eat, the diet just shows healthy and yummy ways to prepare them. I will drop a bunch of weight by eating right and learning to maintain healthy portions and a balanced diet.

2. I will add exercise to the routine. I'll start out like I can hold out. I always feel better after I spend time on the elliptical machine so I am going to make time for me and for the exercise I need.

3. I'm going to do all I can to control my anxiety spiritually. I am going to pray more and think before I speak, accessing situations like a grown-up and not reacting emotionally.

4. I will reach out to the people I love more often through notes and phone calls.

5. I have made the choice to be a better house keeper.

6. I will speak more kindly and thoughtfully to those around me.

7. I will share my love for Christ daily in the things I do and the words I say.

8. I will read my Bible more.

9. I have recommitted to my Small Group Ladies Bible Study.

10. I will be a playful parent. I want my children to remember their youth not in terms of a set of strict rules but as a wonderful time of exploration and excitement as they experience this fantastic world and all God has given them to learn and be.

11. I will be a better partner to my husband in all things: finances, communication, spiritual support, ect.

This is a lot for this new year, I know. There is actually more but I tend to take on more than I should so I'll stop here. The last 2 years have been filled with such uncertainty and turmoil and I want to "restock my spiritual shelves," as it were, for the future. I believe God will not send us more than we can deal with at any one time. (1 Corinthians 10:13) G-Pop, Dad, and Mis P are all at peace and I want to have learned something but experiencing these peoples lives and their deaths.

I hope, if you are reading this, that you have a banner year this year full of blessings and hope. I plan on being the person I believe God wants me to be. I encourage each one of you to be what God wants you to be also.

Only you know who that is.

3 comments:

Amber Smith said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Stephanie. You have had a hard year. I hope that this year will be much less stressful than last year. I pray that you will have a year full of joy in all things. I am saying a prayer for you right now. Love you!

mcjacobsjournal said...

What a great post...and such a great outlook on a new year. We know that this year has had trial after trial for your whole family. And, you have handled it with such an amazing spirit of peace. You are an inspiration to so many....thanks for sharing your heart with us.

Erica said...

You know I love you and am amazed by your strength in situations when needed. This year has to be better than the last year. You are in my heart and prayers daily. Also you need to add another resolution...I will call my friends back before the next day and I will learn to enjoy talking on the phone. Just for me.