Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm bragging today.


Kamdyn's new princess canopy... I'm proud to say I made it!


I couldn't get her out of the bed to take the pictures! Hopefully this will make naptime a little easier! Her big girl bed is almost finished. It's a creamy four poster bed that was mine when I was little Sean has been working really hard to refinish it and I've been decorating! One of my MOST favorite things in the world!

Other news...

Garrison has an appointment Monday with an diagnostician (SP) Who will look at his whole profile from aptitude to IQ to ADD. She is going to meet with him for an hour and a half to totally evaluate where he is in relationship to the "average" 4 year (if there is such a thing.) Two doctors have recommended that we have him evaluated to see where his strengths are and what are some areas he could improve in, like learning to sit in a chair! We think he is getting bored and that leads to mischief. WE are debating the public private thing right now because he starts kindergarten in the Fall.

Garrison will stay on task for hours if it's a computer strategy game or playing chess with his dad. He LOVES chess and anything that has to do with figuring things out. He really loves strategic games like Risk (yes he understands all the principles for conquest) and the adult games like Age of Empires. If you remember Halloween's blog, Garre was Arkantos a mythological hero from Atlantis. This he learned, along with a lot of other mythology, from Age of Empires 3. Now he is wanting to know everything about the Revolutionary War and all the country's flags and key military figures.

Outside and athletic endeavors really do not hold a lot of interest for him. For example, kicking the soccer ball is only interesting if he can measure how far he kicked it with the tape measure and he only wants to play if he has no competition for making a goal. Garrison may do well in independent sports rather than team sports. Never the less we are doing that Monday and then Tuesday Daddy and I will go sit down and hear what she has to say.

Kamy is fine and really getting to be sassy. She has stopped doing so much to get into trouble but she is really talking a lot, and understanding pretty advances concepts for a 2 year old. I swear both of these children area going to surpass me in intelligence very shortly. I just want to do the best for them and get them with the best teachers possible (ie: that we can afford) we have found a program out here by the house that will allow her to work at her level even if it's with older children. It operates using a "peer development" system that matches a child according to her ability rather than her age. We'll see if we can get her into that program.....

On the work front for me, Tickelopes, 7 of my designs will go to press at the end of January. I'm very excited about this. It's really a ton of fun and it will help me fill the void of my kids being in school this Fall. I'm going to miss Garrison so much! In fact I think I'll have a harder time with it than he will.

Well hope you are having a great New Year so far and you are all in my prayers and I'm sending you a hug as you read this.

Keep running the race friends!

3 comments:

Amber Smith said...

Whoa Steph! That Garrison sounds like he could be the next Einstein! I am interested to hear what the diagnostician says. When are you going to do that test? Keep me posted on the results! I want to keep ties with this boy genius of yours. I'll say... "I knew him when...."

Alyssa said...

I think that any test like that always gives families good information as you make plans for Garrison to start school. I hope it gives you helpful insight into your son :) I am sure that Kamdyn's room will be so cute! We are working on Lauren's room right now- and it is so fun for her to be excited with us :)

Kristen OQ said...

Cute room decorations Stephanie! I am impressed with your creativity as usual!

I hope the testing went great.