Friday, October 28, 2005

Tomorrow is the main event!

Excuse to type-o's. I never actually passed typing.

This is the kids school picture for this school year. Garrison starts kindergarden next Fall. They look like such big kids. I makes me a little wistful...

After no less than 25 phone messages and at least 100 emails we are on for the First Annual Fall Fest in our sub-division. It has been like an act of congress to get this thing approved but after special dispensation from the Mayor himself we are all a go. To say the least I have been on "pins and needles" for the last 48 hours.

Currently, in the French household, we are all sick! Bronchitis has taken ahold of both of my children and I'm sure Sean and I have the exact same thing. I have no voice and am "doped-up" on cough medicine.

Lets see, what has happened since my last blog... Garrison has had a terrific October at school, Kamdyn has also had a good month. We have had school pictures made (see above). I have a new job with a company called Tickelopes (www.tickelopes.com) as a consultant designer. I will continue working at Sunshine School when they need me but I'll be dropping Mothers-Day-Out on Tuesdays. So I'm not totally insane I am dropping one of my "duties". If I survive this weekend and the festival, then I'll be a whole new person. The kids are excited because they will get to spend every Wednesday with my mom and that will be my official work day. This will help our finances tremendously!

What is a tickelope? You have to check out the websit and see for yourself. It's much too hard to explain in the blog. It's a whole new (patented) take on the greeting card. Im thrilled about it!

My Mother's friend, Paula, has been moved to another big hospital in Downtown Dallas and they have developed a plan of action for prolonging her life and enhancing the quality of it. It's amazing what a change of scenery and a new doctor can do for a person's hope. Things are looking a tad more positive. Her condition is still grave but her attitude has improved 10-fold! EJ is due to have her 2nd baby boy, just any time, and Paula has that to look forward to as well.

Today, my good friend Traci rescued me and the kids by taking us to get my van at the train station (Thank you Traci!) I am getting ready to go to Sams (sick and all) to buy the candy and sodas for tomorrow. I keep telling myself if there are balloons and cotton candy people are bound to be happy right? I've giving them bounce houses and nachos and a professional photographer ta-boot! We are going to have a good time and that's the end of it. Afterwards Sean and I are going to a Halloween party (grown-ups only). It's been very hard to find a costume for Sean but, after many terrifing trips to various halloween Spirit stores, we have settled on, Black Eyed Peas! Sean will wear his normal clothing with the Letter P added to the shirt and a black eye. I will do the same. Or I'll be just a tad bit more creative and be a
black-eyed-susan. I know not very creative but when your husband is 6'9" tall it makes things tough!

Wish me luck tomorrow. Say a prayer and hopefully I'll be alive Sunday to enjoy my non-committed status for a while!

Enjoy!

No comments: