
Just to make you smile!
This is a picture of Garrison when he was only 4 months old.
It's been a week since my last blog and for good reason. I've been busier than a one-armed paper-hanger in a hurricane! PFTH projects, meeting with a company about the future of PFTH and possible consultant opportunities, planning the Fall Fest, watching Cinderella 10 times, starting a new long-term sub-job, keeping Mothers day out, and being as sick as I've ever been with a stomach virus, TWO weekends in a row!
The kids have faired pretty well through me nervous breakdown last week. In the middle of all that I managed to finish their halloween costumes and they turned out great. Garrison is going to be Arkantos, a mythical (and totally fictious) Atlantian hero from his favorite cumputer came, Age of Mythology. He is now an expert in Greek Norse and Alantian Mythology. Remember he's only 4 and this is what he'd ralther do than play outside or throw a ball. I'm raising a computer geek just like his daddy. He and his dad and our closest friends went to the Stars Hockey game last night at the MAerican Airlines center and he is talking about it a lot this morning.
Kamdyn is going to be, you guessed it, Cinderella and she insists on wearing it every time the movie is on, which is pretty often since it's new. There is a lot of spinning and singing that goes along with the routine. She has also managed to find all the Beanie Baby mice (3) in the house and they are her "friends" that she pushes in the grocery cart. Her cosutme was purchased but as per my M.O. I've embellished it so it's got more sequins and bows on it. It's it makes it another three weeks I'll be shocked. If it's torn, we'll just tell everyone she is Cinderella,
pre-fairy-godmother.
Garrison has been a little better at school. We've been working on listening and responding the first time. I have been giving him time warnings like, "two minutes until you have to stop." He seems to understand that concept and we've also startd rewarding the positive instead of focusing on the negative.
This parenting thing is really tough stuff and not for the faint of heart!
My mothers friend Paula has asked me to do the flowers for her funeral. Of course, I'll do anything for her. I cried and cried about that. My mom is holding it together pretty well even though Mis P asked her to help he pick out her dress for the casket. I think if mom doesn't think about it than it makes it a little easier to deal with when she is confronted with a decision.
I pray that no one gets the "garbage" I had on Friday night. I'm still sick but not to the extent I was Friday. I'm a grown woman of 35 and I wanted my mommy! My kind brother-in-law went and picked them up and brought them to my house at 10:00 pm because I was ready to call 911! Sean and had taken the kids to Grandma and Papa's. In a way I am glad now that no one was here to see me in such a pathetic state. Mom Thinks I might have had food poisioning becasue of it's fast on-set but since I'm still under the weather two days later.
I'm thinking virus.
Well that is the most recent update in the insanity we call normal life. Cinderella is calling for her toys and I have to go run Garre off the computer. Until next time friends.....
No comments:
Post a Comment