Thursday, August 25, 2005

Kamdyn has asthma and we are restarting her on new stronger meds for the fall in the hopes that it will improve her chances for a "cleaner" fall and winter cold season. I say this as a precursor to last night's events.

She had her first neb treatment with the stronger medication and then we put the kids to bed. I began working on an order for my business and suddenly at 12:20am I hear a little panicked voice calling for me. There was Kamdyn at the office door litterly bouncing all over the place. At the time the medication didn't cross my mind but a little later (about 2:30 am) bleary eyed and barely awake that thought drifted into my mind. This continued until 3:30am when she fell asleep sitting up reading a book in her bed. Finally sleep!!! It didn't last too long because just a soon as I laid her down and covered her up, her eyes popped open. I don't know how long she laid there chattering becuase I crashed on the blow-up bed on the floor in her room. With the first light of day she was again awake! 6:15 am. I couldn't even put two words together this morning. Mercifully, Sean worked from home today and I was able to sleep for another two hours while he "watched" the kids, (which is a word here that means listened for screaming and fighting from his office).

Kamdyn and I ran mom to the kidney doctor across town at 12:00 pm and got back home 4:00pm. Yes, Dallas is a very big city that was the only errand we ran and she was only in his office for 45 minutes!

It's fund-raising season and now that school is back in session we have been blessed with a string of elementary aged children ringing our door bell hawking chocolates and tacky home decor. How crule is it to descend upon an unexpecing mother at 4:30 in the throws of refferring her young children? Maybe that is the way they planned it. Of course you're going to buy something because it either distracts the kids long enough to get a break form the insanity or because all you want at that moment is chocolate! I think I'm up to $50 in candy....

All in all it's been a pretty good day; no broken bones and sweet prayers from sweet babies sleeping soundly (for now).

Hope you have a great tomorrow!

No comments: