I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post.
After a week of deep thought, prayer and personal reflection, I have decided to continue this blog. I was asked to discontinue certain parts and I have come to this decision that it is good to continue and it is a great way to disseminate information to multiply people at the same time. The intent of this blog is to update family and family friends all over the country. Judging from all the emails about wanting new information, I'm guessing you all think it is a good thing too. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. I am continuing to collect emails and blog notes for mom. The really uplift her spirits as she does not have access to a computer at this time. Please keep sending them, she is saving them.
Here is the latest: Mom is continuing her journey toward recovery. I'll just say that I am so proud that she is holding her head high and staying so positive in the face of life-changing events. There is so much to do and all the kids have taken on a portion of the load to help balance things out. My part is dealing with the house and the move itself and we are making some very tough decisions and there will be many more ahead. I said earlier that the new place was like a "cruise ship". Mom does get to read this blog and what I meant and obviously didn't say very well is that there are people to help her at the complex and help fulfill requests as needed, much like a concierge. It is a pretty place but much smaller than she is accustomed to and it will be a major adjustment. I only meant to be encouraging and hopefully positive for her benefit. I hope that explains my wording choice a little bit better.
On a personal note. I have had concerned calls and emails wanting to know why I've dropped off the face-of the earth. Thank you for caring for me and for my family. I have many many thank you notes to write and many calls to make. I am here, I am (or at least feel like) I'm drowning and promise to return each and every phone call as I have said I would. Thank you for the offers to keep my kiddos and bring us dinner. I would not be sane if it were not for my friends. I have a hard time reaching out and asking for help, so thank you for knowing that and offering anyway.
EB - I'm sorry I haven't call yet. I know I promised I'd call you next and I will! I miss you tremendously and I have no excuse other than to say I'm a drowning slacker.
Honey - Thank you for the hugs this morning, I really needed them.
TR - Thank you for calling just to check on me.
Michele and Gret - Thanks for keeping my secrets. I really needed a place to let go and be open without worrying about "leakage" I felt much better afterward.
For general information and FYI - To anyone concerned about Blogger privacy information - I have taken special precautions to ensure this information is not readily available to the general public and someone must have the exact link or be given the link to access this information. Many people care about this family, given the road we've traveled to this point. To say uplifting things about my mother's present and future situation is to uplift and encourage her. I apologize if some of those comments were misunderstood or taken out of context
2 comments:
I love you, miss you, and do not ever think you have to apologize to me. I know what a curve ball you have been thrown lately. You are a wonderful daughter and friend to your mother. Please give my Dallas "Mom" a hug from us.
I love to read about your family -- the good, the funny, the bad, the frustrating, and the hard stuff. Please know that we will be thinking and praying about everyone in your family...from your mom to you! We love you and are here if you need anything.
Post a Comment